What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is a set of tools, by use of which viewers would automatically access the posts of your website, without any advertising.
What are Backlinks?
Backlinks, also known as internal links, are the links which appear in other websites, but they guide the viewers to your website. Sometimes you can use the URL of one of your article inside another article of yours. So that when a reader reads the second post, he or she would be guided to the first one.
Bridging the Gap Between Backlinks and SEO
now let us discuss how SEO and backlinks are interconnected. That means, how can you strengthen the SEO of your website by using backlinks.
Following are the importance of backlinks in SEO:
- Very clearly, the first importance of backlinks is, it brings more visitors to your website and that way increases the traffic to your blog or website. More the traffic, better is the performance of your website. In this context to be mentioned, if you are looking for ways to find out the traffic of your website that is, the number of visitors on your website, you can sign up on Alexa. This site would thoroughly guide you in understanding the performance of your website or blog.
- If you understand how search engines work, then you definitely know that an article only ranks in search engines if it has good contents, that is, if your article has a good quality and is rich in terms of contents, then only it would rank. Also, the internal linking you are doing must be relevant. If your back linked post is not identical, then users won’t stay on your site and your traffic won’t increase. Hence, it is not enough to have multiple backlinks if they are not relevant or relatable.
- It is a proven fact that backlinks help you in ranking more than an ordinary search through search engines. But as I said, backlinks must be used abiding by all the recent criteria. As previously a lot of people were misusing the advantage of backlinks and they were linking their irrelevant articles, now the rules have become much stronger. Unless you link a relatable post, nobody would read the post you have backlinked. So, be careful!
- There are a lot of websites with similar or close names. So, you must be very careful when you are backlinking the post of your website. If by mistake you link some other website’s post which does not belong to you, you won’t get any ranking and the other website would rank.
- Another thing you must avoid is multiple backlinks from a single location. That way the users would get confused and chances are he or she won’t visit any of the posts. So, be careful.
Did you understand the importance of backlinks? Or are you interested in knowing more? Also are you interested to know more about web analytics and traffic measurement?
Then my suggestion would be you visit layerpoint.com. there you’ll find the answer to all your questions.